Following are some of the guidelines to keep in mind before you form a deal with any party. This would help in safeguarding you as well as your transaction.
- Form a binding contract with your terms and conditions as applicable
- Try to find a common link with the other party either directly or through social media websites
- Meet in person if possible or use Skype and other tools available for face to face conversations
- Verify airline rules and restrictions and ensure there are no violations
- Open and verify any closed package in front of the other party before carrying it with you
- Verify the condition of the item for pickup or drop-off. Take pictures for future reference.
- Share and verify contact information through local connection or online services
- Ask for references or a local contact if possible
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with
- Do not share your financial information
- Always use Lugshare Post page to communicate with each other. This will help us notify you immediately if we are made aware of any fraudulent activities by the other party.
- Share complete itinerary, trip locator, and any other references for tracking and future reference
- Confirm if the service requested or provided is personal or commercial
- For commercial requests, obtain as much detail as possible regarding the business as well as the person requesting the service (owner, contact info, time in business, post, title, etc.)
- Agree on the acceptance criteria for the service provided
- Agree on a conflict resolution criteria
What should I do if I suspect someone to be fraudulent buyer or seller?
Please contact us at Legal Issues, if you suspect someone to be acting fraudulently on LugShare. We also urge you to notify the Police immediately if you have been a victim of fraud.
What kind of ad posts are forbidden / not allowed on LugShare?
LugShare prohibits the listing of any item that is illegal under any applicable national or international law.
LUGSHARE never mediates between the parties forming a deal through our website. If any individual or website claiming to be from LUGSHARE offers to help with your transaction as an agent or broker then do not take up the offer.
All LUGSHARE communication will use LugShare.com domain. We advise you to practice caution and inform LUGSHARE Legal Issues immediately if you get an email claiming to be from LUGSHARE but using a different domain name.